Welcome to the Albany Park Chamber of Commerce
Your Albany Park Chamber of Commerce provides
• tools and connections that strengthen your business
• networking events to meet business owners, city officials, and community leaders
• education and round table discussions targeting your needs
• dining festival that promotes our commercial areas and brings new customers
• connections to movers and shakers in the City of Chicago
• hands-on technical assistance with alderman, city departments, and bank loans
• marketing for your businesses
• Troubleshoot business related problems or issues one-on-one with staff
• Receive information about area demographics, city services, permits, zoning, sidewalk cafes, licenses, local activities and more
• Receive entrepreneurial assistance for start-ups, expansion, referrals and loan assistance
• Receive peer referrals and word of mouth promotions from Chamber staff and members
• Chamber members are referred when consumers call asking for info and referrals
Connect to local schools, homeowner associations and religious organizations through the North River Commission, the community based non-profit organization of the Chamber that works to improve the quality of life for all constituents by creating affordable housing, quality education, arts and cultural endeavors, open spaces and stable neighborhood businesses.
Founded in 1927 and revived in 1976, the Albany Park Chamber of Commerce is a program of the North River Commission with the mission to support, advocate and promote our members and local businesses in the Albany Park, Irving Park, Mayfair, and North Park business districts.
The Chamber provides services and resources to strengthen and physically improve area businesses. We promote the community through tours and marketing, and we work in partnership with the NRC to attract new business and investment to the community. Expand and grow your business, rent or buy a home, or visit for the weekend - do it all here in our communities!
The Chamber works together with NRC's development affiliate, the Lawrence Avenue Development Corporation (LADCOR), to beautify and physically improve our commercial districts, stimulate development, and make Albany Park, Irving Park, Mayfair, and North Park business districts a premier destination for culture, dining, shopping and entertainment on Chicago's northwest side.
More information or questions, contact:
Thomas Applegate, Executive Director
thomasapplegate <at> northrivercommission.org