District Banner Program
The Special Service Area #60 (SSA) is installing identifiable, neighborhood-branded light pole banners with eye-catching colors and intentional design. We are excited to increase business district investment with this beautification effort and increase neighborhood attraction to Albany Park and Irving Park for city residents, visitors, and new businesses alike. SSA#60 and the Albany Park Chamber of Commerce are economic development programs run North River Commission. Payments are made to NRC. Learn more about SSA60 services here.
Starting in September 2020, we are re-launching the banner program in the SSA boundaries across the entire SSA for a Fall installation. Given the pandemic, the SSA welcomes sponsorship at any location in the SSA boundaries.
We are seeking your participation to promote your business on a set of district light pole banners. The goal is to represent the types of businesses and activities that are in our district at a glance and to draw customers to your business with utmost visibility. Click the form below to purchase your business banners.
- District banners are sold as sets - one set per light pole includes two physical banners with visibility on both sides. One side will have the Global Roots Local Heart tagline with your business name displayed below paired with one design.
- Business names will be displayed in all caps and in white for highest visibility; sponsorship names should not exceed 40 characters. No logos are accepted.
- Each set is $225.00 for a two year period. There are no minimums nor maximums for sponsorships. Your sponsorship covers the coordination, design, fabrication, installation, and maintenance for a two year period from the date of installation. The Special Service Area has funded the hardware.
- Streets have their own corridor colors that are predetermined.
- Businesses can choose their location preferences, keeping in mind there may be limited availability based on the physical inventory of light poles and/or poles already sponsored. Staff will do their best to accommodate preferences.
- Staff will contact sponsors to secure all final details around design and location; you will be notified where your banner is located and when it is installed.
Contact the NRC Economic Development Coordinator, Alexa Schutz.
She can be reached at 312-860-7884 or firstname.lastname@example.org