Bridge to Rebuilding Fund Application
12 grants awarded, $5000 each
Congratulations and Good Luck!
- Pisco Peruvian Restaurant
- Pupuseria y Restaurante El Cuscatleco
- Spa To Escape LLC
- La Casa del Pan Bakery
- RV Jewelry
- Hybrid Strength Athletics
- Bernard Jewelry
- Somethin' Sweet Donuts
- TUTA Theatre
- Supreme Beauty Parlor
- World Tree Healing
- Taqueria el Águila Real
Bridge to Rebuilding Fund
North River Commission has partnered with local donors to create the Bridge to Rebuilding Fund designed for rapid assistance to small businesses that contribute to the retail vibrancy of East Albany Park in their rebuilding after the severe negative impacts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications closed on Tuesday, June 16, 2020
Thank you to everyone who applied. The Fund has an initial amount of $50,000, plus an additional donation of $5000 from ALBANK and $5000 from CIBC for a total of $60,000. Those donations will be granted by lottery to 12 eligible applicant businesses, $5000 to each. Grantees will be announced on Thursday, June 18th at 12:00pm.
Matching Donations Continue
North River Commission continues to accept matching contributions to assist our small businesses in rebuilding and restoring the vibrancy of our business district. Please join us in making a contribution in an amount that is significant to you at the Matching Campaign page, click here. Thank you!
Grant Recipient Requirements
1) Grantees will agree to a Memorandum of Understanding including the following requirements:
- Grantees will apply the grant funds to business costs
- Grantee will report to North River Commission what business costs were paid for with grant funds and provide documentation
2) Grantees will agree to a media and marketing release that gives permission to North River Commission to use Grantee’s name and business name along with photographs and video of Grantee and their business for celebration of the positive impact made by the business and the Bridge to Rebuilding Fund grants and to encourage others to donate to the Fund.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants
Applicants must meet all of the Eligibility Criteria to be placed into the pool of applicants. Applicants must certify that the information that they provide is true and accurate.
1) Applicant must be a small retail businesses closed and/or impacted by the State of Illinois’s Stay at Home Order and must be within one of the following categories:
- restaurant, bar, or coffee shop
- personal services including hair, nails, skin, spa, or dry cleaner
- retail sales of goods, but excluding liquor stores, grocery stores, and convenience stores
2) Applicant must have their place of business within the Chicago address ranges below and must be open to the public.
- 2800 – 3415 West Lawrence
- 2730 – 3405 West Montrose
- 4400 – 4815 N Kedzie
- 4400 – 4800 N Kimball
3) Applicant must have employed 15 or less full time equivalent (FTE) employees on February 15, 2020. 1 FTE = 40 hours/week.
4) Applicants must not have received an SBA loan through either the PPP/Paycheck Protection Program or EIDL / Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
5) Applicant must have only one location, and applicant must not be a national franchise.
6) Applicants with an ownership interest held by a North River Commission Board member or an Albany Park & Irving Park Special Service Area #60 Commissioner are not eligible.
Contact Thomas Applegate, Executive Director for North River Commissionthomasapplegate@northrivercommission.org