Albany Park & Irving Park Special Service Area
Emergency Board Up Grant
In response to damage and the threat of damage to our businesses, the Albany Park & Irving Park Special Service Area #60 (SSA) will provide reimbursement of board up costs, or your insurance deductible, up to $1,000 maximum payout. The grant covers labor and materials to board up your storefront doors, doorways and windows to prevent property damage or protect your property if it was damaged due to looting. SSA#60 and the Albany Park Chamber of Commerce are economic development programs run by the community development nonprofit, North River Commission.
The Emergency Board Up Program is open to building owners and commercial tenants located within the Albany Park & Irving Park SSA60 boundaries.
Boundaries of SSA #60:
- Montrose Ave: Central Park to 2650 W Montrose Ave
- Lawrence Ave: Kimball to 2901 W Lawrence Ave
- Kedzie Ave: 4907 N Kedzie Ave to Irving Park Rd
- Kimball Ave: Lawrence to Leland
- Irving Park Rd: Spaulding to Sacramento
The SSA 60 will fund the following board up activities:
- Deductibles for damaged businesses who have filed an Insurance Claim
This grant INCLUDES Do-It-Yourself or Contractor services for preventative and retroactive board ups.
Complete the online application and email the following:
- Photos of the condition of your storefront “before” board up and then “after” board up is complete
- A copy of the paid invoice or receipt (if you do not have insurance) OR
- IF your business was damaged and you filed a claim, submit a copy of your insurance claim and deductible payment.
Submit these items by email to: Alexa Schutz, firstname.lastname@example.org
or US Mail to:
Albany Park & Irving Park SSA Program Manager
North River Commission
3403 W Lawrence Ave Ste 201
Chicago, IL 60625
Board Up Take Down
Board Up is useful during unrest and unsafe conditions in the business districts. The SSA leadership encourages businesses to take down board up when safety returns. As our businesses work to reopen after a long shut down caused by the pandemic, we are all working together to welcome customers back into our business streets. Thank you.