The Albany Park & Irving Park Special Service Area (SSA #60), located in the most diverse neighborhood in Chicago, supports a vibrant, safe, clean, beautiful, and welcoming commercial district filled with restaurants, attractive retail and service, entertainment and cultural options that meet the needs of local residents and attract visitors.
What is an SSA?
Special Service Areas, known as Business Improvement Districts or BIDs in other cities, are local tax districts that fund expanded services and programs through a localized property tax levy within contiguous areas. The enhanced services and programs are in addition to those currently provided through the City. The City contracts with local non-profits, called Service Providers (such as North River Commission), to manage SSAs. Mayorally-appointed SSA Commissioners for each SSA district oversee and recommend the annual services, budget and Service Provider Agency to the City. There are currently 52 active SSAs in Chicago. All SSA meetings are open to the public. View our SSA60 meeting schedule here to attend.
Current programs and services within the business district:
- Facade improvement program, 50% rebates
- Security Camera Installation Rebate
- Daily litter abatement
- Tree inventory, planting, and maintenance
- Landscaping box plantings and maintenance
- Snow removal (2" or more)
- Public art
- Bike parking inventory and addition
- Lightpole banners
- Business attraction and vacancy inventory
- District marketing and special events for customer attraction
Request for Proposal (RFP) opportunities:
- None at this time.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries and submissions
SSA 60 Commissioners:
- Mark Aistrope – Chair • Meeting Tomorrow
- Andrew Levin – Treasurer • Bass Realty
- Stephanie Fishel – Secretary • The Residents of Irving Park
- Saima Causevic • North Side Realty
- David Maletin • Maletin Management
- Kareeshma Ali • Surge Coffee Bar + Billiards
- Daniella Cornue • Le Village Cowork
- Montrose Ave: Central Park to 2650 W Montrose Ave
- Lawrence Ave: Kimball to 2901 W Lawrence Ave
- Kedzie Ave: 4907 N Kedzie Ave to Irving Park Rd
- Kimball Ave: Lawrence to Leland
- Irving Park Rd: Spaulding to Sacramento