- This event has passed.
Annual Environmental Meeting 2019
June 4 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
North River Commission Annual Environmental Meeting
Everything You Want to Know About Rivers, Trails and Parks in the North River Communities.
Tuesday, June 4th at 6:30pm
River Park Fieldhouse, 5100 N Francisco Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
Open to all, join us!
A walking tour of the newly restored river front is offered immediately preceding at 6:00 PM from the fieldhouse steps
Join us Tuesday evening in beautifully restored River Park for a comprehensive update on a broad range of local environmental and recreational topics.
• The completion and successful operation of the Foster Ave diversion tunnel
• The removal of the old River Park dam and reconnection of the North Branch to the main channel
• Running the new River Park Rapids during high water
• Update and timetable for the shoreline restoration in River and Legend Parks
• Exciting new plans for the Argyle Boat House
• New recreational opportunities coming on the Chicago River
• Final completion of the Horner Park riverfront restoration
• Update on Gompers and Eugene Field Park improvements
• New sensors and web app for real-time monitoring of water quality on the Chicago River
• Construction update on the 312 River Run Trail, Manor Greenway, and the Irving Park bicycle underpass
• Update on the Weber Spur and other North River Trail initiatives
• Introduction to the Northwest Portage Walking Museum along Irving Park Rd
• Conceptualization of the new, full-size, Native American mound sculpture being build in Horner Park.
• New trail and river audits being conducted this summer by the North River Commission Environmental Committee and its partners
And last but not least, join us to meet, greet and converse with our new Aldermen, 33rd Ward Alderman Rodriguez, 39th Ward Alderman Nugent, and 40th Ward Alderman Vasquez. It’s a great opportunity to express your environmental concerns and promote your favorite recreational initiatives.