North River Commission proudly serves as the service provider for the Albany Park & Irving Park Special Service Area (SSA #60) and supports local businesses and their customers.
What is an SSA?
Special Service Areas, known as Business Improvement Districts or BIDs in other cities, are local tax districts that fund expanded services and programs through a localized property tax levy within contiguous areas. The enhanced services and programs are in addition to those currently provided through the City. The City contracts with local non-profits, called Service Providers (such as North River Commission), to manage SSAs. Mayorally-appointed SSA Commissioners for each SSA district oversee and recommend the annual services, budget and Service Provider Agency to the City. There are currently 57 active SSAs in Chicago. All SSA meetings are open to the public. View our SSA60 meeting schedule here to attend.
SSA #60 Programs and Rebates
Requests for Proposals
SSA #60 is not currently accepting proposals within the service area boundaries of SSA #60.
Current programs and services within the business district:
- Facade improvement program, 50% rebates
- Security Camera Installation Rebate
- Outdoor Dining Rebate Program, $1000 rebate program for your patio
- Daily litter abatement
- Tree inventory, planting, and maintenance
- Landscaping box plantings and maintenance
- Snow removal (2" or more)
- Public art
- Bike parking inventory and addition
- Lightpole banners
- Business attraction and vacancy inventory
- District marketing and special events for customer attraction
2023 SSA Commission Meetings:
SSA #60 Commissioners, the volunteer leaders who guide the work of the SSA, meet monthly on the 2nd Wednesday (exceptions noted with *).
Pursuant to the State of Illinois Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120/2(c), all meetings are open to the public. Meetings are held in the North River Commission office, located at 3403 W Lawrence Ave Ste 301, Chicago, IL 60625 with a hybrid option to join via Zoom. Meetings can be joined at this link.
- January 11, 2023
- February 8, 2023
- March 8, 2023
- April 12, 2023
- May 10, 2023
- June 7, 2023
- July 12, 2023
- September 13, 2023
- October 11, 2023
- November 8, 2023
- December 13, 2023
Find past meeting materials here.
- Henrik Christensen: Chair - Resident
- Mark Aistrope - Co-Chair: Meeting Tomorrow
- Saima Causevic - Treasurer: North Side Realty
- Jaime Tyler-Alvarez: - Secretary - Mima's Taste of Cuba
- Andrew Levin: Bass Management
- David Maletin: Maletin Management
- Nick Yassan: Rany Management
- Sara Lopez: Albany Bank & Trust Co.
- Andrew Chao: Somethin Sweet Donuts
Boundaries of SSA #60
On January 1, 2022, SSA #60's expanded to include 9.5 miles of sidewalk street frontage throughout Albany Park and Irving Park! The current boundaries are as follows:
- Montrose Ave: The Chicago River to Central Park Ave
- Lawrence Ave: The Chicago River to Pulaski Ave
- Kedzie Ave: Ainslie Ave to Irving Park Rd
- Kimball Ave: Lawrence to Leland
- Irving Park Rd: California to Central Park Ave