Special Service Area (SSA) #60 Meetings
The SSA Commissioners, the volunteer leaders who guide the work of the SSA, meet monthly on the 2nd Wednesday (exceptions noted with *).
All meetings are open to the public.
For SSA meetings starting in April 2020 due to COVID-19:
Commissioners and public can access meetings remotely via conference call. Governor Pritzker declared, effective March 16, 2020, that meetings and quorum can be achieved virtually. Read the 3/16/20 Declaration and Open Meetings Act updates here.
Per City of Chicago DPD staff on August 14, 2020: The City's Law Department wants to remind you the City of Chicago continues to conduct all public meetings remotely as the Governor's order for public meeting continues. A reminder that SSA Commissions and their appointed Commissioners are an extension of the City, and as such, all SSA Commission meetings are to continue being held remotely until further notice. This includes providing public access information as part of the public notices that are posted for these meetings.
Public access information for virtual Zoom SSA60 meetings:
Meeting ID: 817 5826 1110
- Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 817 5826 1110
The Albany Park & Irving Park Special Service Area (SSA #60), located in the most diverse neighborhood in Chicago, supports a vibrant, safe, clean, beautiful, and welcoming commercial district filled with restaurants, attractive retail and service, and entertainment and cultural options that meet the needs of local residents and attract visitors. SSA programs support both businesses and residents.
Current programs and services within the business district:
- $80,000-100,000 invested in matched façade improvement rebates of 50% up to $7,500 - $15,000
- Rebates for security cameras, emergency board-ups (civil unrest), and sidewalk patio/outdoor dining cafes
- Daily sidewalk litter pick-up
- Tree inventory, maintenance, and planting
- District marketing and events; district banners
- Business attraction and vacancy inventory
- Snow removal at over 1″ or 2" of snow accumulation
- Beautification, streetscaping, and landscaping
2021 SSA60 Meetings:
Until otherwise advised, SSA meetings are to be held remotely. Zoom meeting details are listed above.
For all 2021 meeting minutes, click here to go to the google drive folder.
Meetings are held at 6 PM.
February 10 @ Zoom
March 10 @ Zoom
April 14 @ Zoom
May 12 @ Zoom
June 2* @ Zoom (first Wednesday of the month, not second)
July 14 @ Zoom
September 8 @ Zoom
October 13 @ Zoom
November 10 @ Zoom
- December 8 @ Zoom
2020 SSA60 Meetings
- Wednesday, February 12th, 5:30pm at NRC office, 3403 W Lawrence Ave, Suite 201
- Wednesday, March 11th, 5:30pm at NRC office, 3403 W Lawrence Ave, Suite 201
All matters continued to April due to lack of quorum
- March 2020 Agenda
March 2020 Minutes(not applicable; meeting cancelled)
- Wednesday, April 8th, 5:30pm via Zoom (remote)
- April 2020 Agenda
- April 2020 Minutes (approved in May)
- April 2020 Meeting Materials, Financials, Audit Draft, Etc.
- In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Gov. Pritzker updated the Open Meetings Act to allow for virtual quorum and gathering. Read more at Governor Declaration on March 16, 2020.
- Wednesday, May 13th, 5:30pm via Zoom (remote)
- Wednesday, *June 3rd, 5:30pm via Zoom (remote)
- Wednesday, July 8th, 5:30pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, September 9th, 5:30pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, October 14th, 5:30pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, November 11th, 5:30pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, December 9th, 5:30pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, February 13th, 5:30pm at NRC office, 3403 W Lawrence Ave, Suite 201
- Wednesday, March 13th, 5:30pm at Tano’s Pizzeria, 3038 W. Lawrence Ave
- Wednesday, April 10th, 5:30pm at Meeting Tomorrow, 2901 W Lawrence Ave
- Wednesday, May 8th, 5:30pm at Tano’s Pizzeria, 3038 W. Irving Park Rd
- Wednesday, *June 5th, 5:30pm at Meeting Tomorrow, 2901 W Lawrence Ave
- Wednesday, July 10th, 5:30pm at NRC office, 3403 W Lawrence Ave, Suite 201
- Wednesday, September 11th, 5:30pm at NRC office, 3403 W Lawrence Ave, Suite 201
- Wednesday, *October 2nd, 5:30pm at NRC office, 3403 W Lawrence Ave, Suite 201
- Wednesday, November 13th, 5:30pm at Surge Coffee Bar + Billiards, 3241 W. Montrose
- Wednesday, December 11th, 5:30pm at Surge Coffee Bar + Billiards, 3241 W. Montrose