- This event has passed.
Register for Mental Health First Aid
September 15 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm$25
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA), Adult Version teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use challenges in adults. This training provides you with skills needed to reach out, provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to appropriate care. Join the more than 2.6 million people across the United States have been trained in MHFA by a dedicated base of more than 15,000 Instructors!
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- identify risk factors and warning signs for mental health challenges
- implement strategies to assist in a crisis or non-crisis situation
- identify local and national support resources for mental health support
- 2 hours of online self-paced coursework followed by,
- A scheduled 5.5 hour IN-PERSON Instructor Led class (6 hours with breaks)
- The in-person portion of this program takes place on Friday, September 15 from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at Swedish Hospital’s Anderson Pavilion, 2751 W. Winona St.
For more details, register here or call Phone: 773-878-6888